Hello Spring, the home buying and selling season is in full swing! Have you been thinking about upsizing, downsizing or just moving because your neighbors 3 dogs have woken you up one too many times before your own alarm clock went off? Urgggg.... While most people immediately start dreaming of what they want in a new home, many forget, what it takes to sell their current home. Spring is the best time to take advantage of all the things that have been sitting on your home "To Do" list that you have ignored during the holiday food binging coma state you were in. Now that you have awaken, here are a few tips to get your home in tip top shape so you can get top dollar when it hits the market:
1) Pressure wash the exterior and touch up any paint that has chipped away;
2) Replace rotten wood and freshen up caulk around windows, doors and underhangs;
3) Spruce up your landscaping, and if you don't have any, spend a little money and time to add a few small beds to frame the front of your home;
4) Stage your front porch and back patios. Add a little color and character to the outside of your home with potted plants, pottery and adirondack or rocking chairs. Accessorize the outside of your home but do not go overboard;
5) Declutter, Declutter, Declutter, the inside of your home. Now is the time to pack away things that are not essential to everyday living. Minimize pictures and personal effects. This is also a great time to make a little money on the knick kacks Aunt Sophia brought you from her world travels. I promise, that pair of wooden clogs she gave you from the little Dutch village she visited, will find a new home in a garage sale and that 5 year old kid who buys them from you will end up bringing those shoes to Show and Tell. So, WIN WIN for everyone involved!!
6) Clean ceiling fans, baseboards, cabinets and bring the sparkle back to the inside of your home. If potential clients see a pile of dust that resembles a small kitten, they will wonder what else you neglected in your home maintenance.
7) Touch up indoor paint and neutralize overly wild colors. If your buyers have to pick up a paint brush to tame the margarita themed lime green guest bedroom before they even start unpacking, they may very well move on to the next home. Margarita in a glass, Yes, on the wall, No.
8) Finally, get the odor out of the home. Biggest turn offs are litter box and pet odors, cigarette smoke odors, and teenager room odors that your nose has built up an immunity to, but that send your buyers out the door before they have even had a chance to check out the cool disco ball you installed in the man cave. "Oh no, come back! Let me turn on the disco ball with a little Super Freak on the stereo, you have to see it to appreciate it!!" :)
Now that I have given you a few things to think about, don't despair. This is not as time consuming as it sounds. Tackle one project at a time and before you know it, I will be listing your home for top dollar and finding your next dream home in the process!
Author:Pam Armentor Phone: 337-247-2869 Dated: March 11th 2017 Views: 352 About Pam: Working in the legal field for 17 years has taught me to pay attention to every little detail. Helpi...
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
In a fast-moving market, sellers can be caught off-guard when their Y
"Susan was very helpful throughout the whole purchase process. Whenever I needed clarification on any issue she was quick to respond. She was always on top of what needed to be completed and provided a timeline to help keep the process moving quickly. Susan has a great personality and was very easy to work with."